Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cranberries and eggnog in a muffin for the Christmas season!! Kind of a cross between a muffin and a scone. Would that be a mufone or a scofin?
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Beat egg until foamy.
- Stir in baking mix, eggnog, sugar, butter and nutmeg, mixing just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup measure onto buttered cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle Cream Cheese Icing over warm muffin tops; sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cream Cheese Icing:.
- Mix together powdered sugar, cream cheese and enough milk to make desired consistency.