Cook1 hr 10 mins
Beautiful, with red cranberries! Add a sprig of mint and you have a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach! From Carolina Country magazine.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combining the first four ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- Add eggnog and vanilla; beat just until blended.
- Pour two-thirds of the filling over the crutst.
- Top with half of the cranberry mixture (cover and chill remaining cranberry mixture).
- Carefully spoon remaining filling on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Spoon remaining cranberry mixture over cheesecake.
- Yield: 12 servings Enjoy!
We liked this cheesecake, it was tasty and creamy; but the cranberries overwhelmed the eggnog flavor. I will probably make this again without the cranberry.
Great cheesecake! Looked and tasted fabulous. I only had about 3 1/3 packages of cream cheese, but it turned out just fine. I also substituted ladyfingers for the graham crackers. I piped some melted white chocolate across the cranberry topping. It made a beautiful and festive dessert for Christmas dinner. Thanks for posting!
Wow, this was not only delicious, but also impressive. I tried a few different things to lighted up this cheesecake... I used soy nog (which is exceptional in my opinion), light cream cheese, and reduced fat graham crackers.... this cheesecake was still perfect. Thank you for this wonderful holiday treat... it's going to become a tradition!