Cook1 hr 10 mins
Beautiful, with red cranberries! Add a sprig of mint and you have a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach! From Carolina Country magazine.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combining the first four ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- Add eggnog and vanilla; beat just until blended.
- Pour two-thirds of the filling over the crutst.
- Top with half of the cranberry mixture (cover and chill remaining cranberry mixture).
- Carefully spoon remaining filling on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Spoon remaining cranberry mixture over cheesecake.
- Yield: 12 servings Enjoy!