Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick recipe that uses refrigerated sugar cookie dough and dried cranberries. This is from the book "Cookie Dough Delights".
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break up cookie dough into large bowl; let stand 10 to 15 minutes to soften.
- Add flour, cranberries, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract to the cookie dough; mix well.
- Divide dough into two equal halves.
- On the cookie sheet, shape each dough half into a 12 inch long, 2 inch wide 3/4 inch high rectangle, spacing the dough halves about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 26-28 minutes or until the logs are deep golden brown.
- Remove sheet from oven.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each log into 3/4 inch wide slices.
- Place slices back on cookie sheet.
- Bake the slices 5 minutes; remove from oven and turn over.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
Where's the eggnog?
I think this is an acquired taste. If I were to make it again, I think I'd leave out the orange zest and add a little sugar or splenda to counter the sourness of the cranberries. Thanks for posting! Made for Adopt a Tag.
Even though I'm not a coffee drinker, I very much enjoy biscotti, as a crisp cookie/snack, more than anything else! This dough was easy to prepare & the only change I made in the ingredients was to use a generous, rounded measure of zest! And, the only change made in preparation was to stand the slices on their bottom edge, separated from one another, for the final baking! I liked the use of the cookie dough & the resulting biscotti was most enjoyable! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]