This is a quick recipe that uses refrigerated sugar cookie dough and dried cranberries. This is from the book "Cookie Dough Delights".
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break up cookie dough into large bowl; let stand 10 to 15 minutes to soften.
- Add flour, cranberries, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract to the cookie dough; mix well.
- Divide dough into two equal halves.
- On the cookie sheet, shape each dough half into a 12 inch long, 2 inch wide 3/4 inch high rectangle, spacing the dough halves about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 26-28 minutes or until the logs are deep golden brown.
- Remove sheet from oven.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each log into 3/4 inch wide slices.
- Place slices back on cookie sheet.
- Bake the slices 5 minutes; remove from oven and turn over.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.