Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent combination of flavors flirting with your taste buds! Make this in smaller jars to give in holiday gift baskets. Recipe is from *Christmas Sweets* by Georgeanne Brennan.
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 star anise pods (or 1 tsp. seeds in a tea infuser)
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, peeled & minced (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- In saucepan, combine cranberries, water, honey, lemon, anise, and ginger; bring to a boil (med-hi heat); reduce to low & simmer uncovered for five minutes.
- Add dried fruits and simmer five more minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Remove anise pods or tea infuser (discard).
- Remove from heat and stir in the almonds.
- Ladle into HOT jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal with lids & rings, process in a hot-water bath for 10 minutes.