Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came from Mr. Food, and was adapted from the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association. These are very good and a little rich. You can use a store-bought bag of cranberries OR fresh cranberries.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries or 3 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the confectioners sugar, and butter. Mix with a fork or your hands until mixture starts to hold together.
- Press into the bottom of a 15" x 10" x 1" jelly roll pan. Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, combine the eggs, granulated sugar, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup of flour; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Fold in the chopped cranberries. Spread mixture over the hot crust, and bake for 32 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; let cool then cut into bars.
Loved this dessert. So simple to put together. I can only make it when others are around or else I could end up eating the entire pan myself!