Recipe by Ms B.
A moist and flavorful fall dessert. The warm butter sauce really compliments the tart cranberries. I have purchased fresh cranberries in season and frozen for use later. The frozen cranberries work well in the recipe.
- 650.62 ml flour
- 532.32 ml sugar, divided
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml oil
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 828.06 ml fresh cranberries
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml whipping cream or 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Greas and flour bottom only of 9x13 pan.
- Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Mix well.
- In medium bowl, beat sour cream, milk, oil, almond extract and eggs.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375F for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- BUTTER SAUCE: In small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, butter and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm sauce over cake.