1/1 Photo of Cranberry Dessert Cake With Butter Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
A moist and flavorful fall dessert. The warm butter sauce really compliments the tart cranberries. I have purchased fresh cranberries in season and frozen for use later. The frozen cranberries work well in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Greas and flour bottom only of 9x13 pan.
- 3Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- 4Mix well.
- 5In medium bowl, beat sour cream, milk, oil, almond extract and eggs.
- 6Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture.
- 7Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 8Gently fold in cranberries.
- 9Spoon into prepared pan.
- 10Bake at 375F for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11BUTTER SAUCE: In small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, butter and whipping cream.
- 12Bring to a boil.
- 13Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- 15Serve warm sauce over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Dessert Cake With Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g