Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very good way to eat cranberries. This is an old recipe. (I don't even remember when I got it)
- 2 cups cranberries, chop in food processor
- 1 banana, diced in small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (food processor)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Mix cranberries, banana, and sugar - set aside.
- Place half of crumbs in baking dish.
- Cream sugar and butter, add eggs.
- Beat well (beat the devil out of it).
- Spread over vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Then spread cranberry mixture over egg mixture.
- Spread nuts over cranberry mixture.
- Whip the cream (add a little sugar).
- Spread over nuts.
- Now put remaining crumbs over that.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
This was very good. Received rave reviews at a party. I used Graham instead of vanilla wafers and did not add any sugar to the whipping cream. Thanks for sharing!
Very good....my family loves it.
I have not made this recipe yet. But in reference to eating "raw eggs", I have eaten them all my life in such things as ice cream and egg nog. And, yes I'm still alive and doing well at the age of 58. I'm going to try this recipe, probably over Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. Submitted by Norris Curtis.