Recipe by Wanda Fornal
A very good way to eat cranberries. This is an old recipe. (I don't even remember when I got it)
- 2 cups cranberries, chop in food processor
- 1 banana, diced in small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (food processor)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cranberries, banana, and sugar - set aside.
- Place half of crumbs in baking dish.
- Cream sugar and butter, add eggs.
- Beat well (beat the devil out of it).
- Spread over vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Then spread cranberry mixture over egg mixture.
- Spread nuts over cranberry mixture.
- Whip the cream (add a little sugar).
- Spread over nuts.
- Now put remaining crumbs over that.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.