Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another cranberry salad recipe from my Food Writer's Favorites cookbook. The Food Writer says once prepared, this dish can be placed in the freezer and thawed 5 minutes before serving. Prep time does not include freezer time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and sugar; mix well. Stir in cranberry sauce, pineapple with its juice, and pecans. Fold in whipped cream. Pour mixture into an 8x8x2 inch pan. Freeze until firm. Let thaw 5 minutes before serving.