Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Can be served frozen or not, as either a salad or dessert. My cousin prepared this for me from a recipe she found, but hers used miniature marshmallows instead of cottage cheese. I like things less sweet, and more nourishing, so made the substitution. You can use different nuts than pecans - walnuts and hazelnuts are just as good (well, almost) in the recipe. I prefer it not quite frozen, but others like it best frozen.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Whisk together condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Stir in pineapple, cranberry sauce, pecans, cottage cheese and coconut. When well mixed, fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread in 9"x13" baking dish or cake pan. Put in freezer for at least two hours. Cut into squares for serving.