Recipe by KitchenWitchn
I made this recipe for a "cooking with tea" contest. It's wonderful for cold days in late autumn/early winter.
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cranberry tea leaves (I used Adagio Cranberry Tea)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb venison (cut into large cubes)
- 1 -2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (fresh is best)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (cut into chunks JUST large enough to fit on kebob skewers)
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using the first three ingredients (lemon juice, tea leaves and water) brew tea and cool.
- Separate out one cup of brewed tea mix and set aside in refrigerator.
- Marinate cubed venison in the remaining two cups of tea mixture overnight.
- Place on kebob skewers alternating the cranberries, meat and peppers.
- Brush remaining cup of tea over the raw kebobs and sprinkle Thyme and other seasonings over the kebobs and grill over an open flame until desired done-ness. (or cook in an oven at 375).
- Serve hot!