Recipe by Geema
I haven't yet tried this interesting jamlike spread, but it looks as if it would be delicious on toast, biscuits, or even pancakes. How about a banana/cranberry date spread sandwich?
Top Review by Bev
This is a delightful spread ideal for the holidays or the cranberry lover in your house! Very nice consistancy and perfect to spread on dinner rolls or a homemade bread. Beautiful color, as you might expect from cranberries. The dates add just the right amount of sweetness. I would suggest serving this with poultry, ham or pork. Thanks for posting this, Geema!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender; stir frequently.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl, add fruit mixture, and process until smooth.
- Spoon into hot sterilized jars, covering at once with metal lids and screw on bands.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 hours, then store in the refrigerator.