Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't yet tried this interesting jamlike spread, but it looks as if it would be delicious on toast, biscuits, or even pancakes. How about a banana/cranberry date spread sandwich?
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender; stir frequently.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl, add fruit mixture, and process until smooth.
- Spoon into hot sterilized jars, covering at once with metal lids and screw on bands.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 hours, then store in the refrigerator.
This is a delightful spread ideal for the holidays or the cranberry lover in your house! Very nice consistancy and perfect to spread on dinner rolls or a homemade bread. Beautiful color, as you might expect from cranberries. The dates add just the right amount of sweetness. I would suggest serving this with poultry, ham or pork. Thanks for posting this, Geema!
This was so easy and delicious. We added about two tablespoons of sugar because we like things a little sweeter. It looks so beautiful that we intend to bring this as a hostess gift for Thanksgiving.