Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups multi-grain flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 2⁄3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, squeeze juice from orange and combine with enough milk to make 2 cups. Add zest. Mix in applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in cranberries and dates.
- Divide into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.