Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on the package of craisins and it is chewy good. The only change i might be tempted to make is to sprinkle some chocolate chips on the crust along with the fruit and nuts, but that's me!
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour, divided
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted (I use unsalted so I added 1/4 t. salt to the recipe when making the crumb mixture)
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Grease, or spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, rolled oats, sugars,soda (and salt, if using).
- Stir in melted butter to form crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Press remainder into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with dried cranberries, dates, and pecans.
- Stir together caramel topping and 1/3 cup flour; drizzle over fruits and nuts.
- sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake an additional 18-20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.