1/2 Photos of Cranberry Date Bars
Sweet Diva's Note:
From my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. This is my favorite cranberry dessert - I could eat the whole pan myself! Fortunately, my family won't let me - they love them too! Even my neighbor, who doesn't like cranberries, can't resist these bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries or 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cranberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1In a saucepan, combine cranberries and dates.
- 2Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop, stirring often. (I also mash the cranberries with a fork once they are soft enough and reach the about-to-pop stage).
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla; set aside.
- 4In a bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- 5Stir in butter until crumbly.
- 6Press half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Spoon cranberry mixture over the crust; spread gently. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture;pat down gently.
- 8Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- 9Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars.
- 10Yield: 4 dozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 55.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g