Recipe by dicentra
Top Review by bricookie55
This was delicious! I made it to take to DH's grandmother's house for Thanksgiving, and we came home with an empty cake pan! Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Thanks for posting such an easy and tasty way to use up leftover fresh cranberries.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups cranberries, minced (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, beating well.
- Add egg substitute, beating well.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix well after each addition. Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts; sprinkle half of mixture over batter, and top with cranberries.
- Top with remaining batter, and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares, and serve coffee cake warm.