Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
really good and easy and healthy. not too many ingredients ones i usually have in the house
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (1 lb) can jellied cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, flour and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter using fork until crumbly.
- Pat 1/2 mixture in bottom of 9x9 square pan that has been greased.
- I use cooking spray.
- Cover with cranberry sauce that has been broken into small pieces.
- Cover cranberry sauce with remaining oats mixture.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 45.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
I found this same recipe in my grandmother's old recipe box a couple of years ago :) Now I make this every year. My family eats it right up, plain cranberry sauce is too tart for them. I like to put this in the oven when I take the turkey out, by the time we are ready for desert the cranberry crunch is done but still warm enough to add a wonderful contrast to the vanilla ice cream. This is also easy to make with sauce made from fresh cranberries (follow package directions) or canned whole berries and super easy to double. Thank you for posting this (you beat me to it) :)
mandabears, thank you for a delicious recipe. I had all the ingredients and whipped it up in a few minutes. It baked up so good, with the edges and bottom crispy, the slightly tart filling. I did add some chopped walnuts the the crumb mixture, like the extra crunch. Yummy!