Recipe by mandabears
really good and easy and healthy. not too many ingredients ones i usually have in the house
Top Review by NYSally
I found this same recipe in my grandmother's old recipe box a couple of years ago :) Now I make this every year. My family eats it right up, plain cranberry sauce is too tart for them. I like to put this in the oven when I take the turkey out, by the time we are ready for desert the cranberry crunch is done but still warm enough to add a wonderful contrast to the vanilla ice cream. This is also easy to make with sauce made from fresh cranberries (follow package directions) or canned whole berries and super easy to double. Thank you for posting this (you beat me to it) :)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (1 lb) can jellied cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, flour and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter using fork until crumbly.
- Pat 1/2 mixture in bottom of 9x9 square pan that has been greased.
- I use cooking spray.
- Cover with cranberry sauce that has been broken into small pieces.
- Cover cranberry sauce with remaining oats mixture.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 45.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.