Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something different to do with cranberries.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 (398 ml) can cranberry sauce
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Mix cranberries and apples and place on bottom of ovenproof dish (approximately 8x8).
- Melt margarine in microwave-safe bowl.
- Add oats and brown sugar and mix well.
- Pour on top of cranberry-apple mixture.
- Do not pat down.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
My brother and his wife popped in for an unexpected visit. I made this for a quicky dessert. Really loved it. I used whole cranberry sauce and enjoyed the texture. Thanks for sharing, Caryn.
Great easy and tasty dessert. This is much easier than the crumble that I normally make. I made one small change - I added cinammon to the apple mixture. Thanks Caryn
Great idea for using leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. Was a little bland for my taste--maybe if I do it again I'll add some Allspice. Not really something I would go out and buy cranberry sauce for, but it was a good way to use it up.