Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Combination of cranberries and almonds in a moist cake.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle chopped almonds over the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan, set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream together sugar,butter and vanilla. beat on medium speed of hand mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Combine dry ingredients add to batter alternately with sour cream mix well.
- Spread 1/2 batter over chopped almonds.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over batter, top with remaining batter.
- For topping combine flour, sugar, almonds and vanilla cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter, bake at 350°F for 70-75 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes remove sides of pan. Serve warm.
Made this recipe as written but another time I MIGHT toast the almonds before using in both the cake & the topping, just 'cause I like their taste! Nevertheless, this was a VERY TASTY, easy-to-prepare cake, & DEFINITELY A KEEPER! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a chef-with-a-camera in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]