1 hr 30 mins
MA HIKER's Note:
This recipe was in a newspaper supplement in fall 2007 and it took a me a whole year to get around to trying it. I made it for coffee hour at church and got rave reviews! It was quick easy to make and I am posting to share with everyone at zaar & to share with church friends who want the recipe! It has a lovely tart flavor, not too sweet. I could see this being absolutely delicious with vanilla ice cream....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3To prepare filling: combine dried apricots and water in a small bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Combine remaining filling ingredients in a large bowl. Add apricots and soaking liquid; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- 4To prepare cake: combine flour, sugar, butter and salt in food processor. Pulse until crumbly (mine was very fine). Set aside 1 cup for streusel topping.
- 5Add egg to flour mixture in food processor. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk, stir well and add to flour mixture. Add vanilla. Pulse to make a cake batter (mine was quite thick). Pour over cranberry mixture in pan (I had to dot it around the pan and spread with a spatula - don't worry if it doesn't seem like enough dough!).
- 6To prepare streusel, add streusel ingredients to reserved flour mixture. Toss well. Sprinkle over cake batter and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Crumble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 230.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g