Recipe by The Daycare Lady
My family likes this crumble so much I make it year-round. But I especially like to serve it warm on cool winter evenings.—Karen Riordan, Louisville, Kentucky From The Best Of Country Pies
Top Review by Honey Bee T
Okay, so, admittedly, I did this all wrong because I walked away from the computer. I put the cranberries on the bottom of the pan, and then topped with HALF of the crumb mixture. That being said, it was DELISH and my hubby and son devoured it. It would have been even better with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, cubed, cold
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over crust. sprinkle with remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.