Recipe by Ed Paulhus
Great for Christmas dessert!
Top Review by J-Lynn
Very delicious! I took it to a church breakfast, and it disappeared...! The crust is like a buttery shortbread. Mine did about 60 minutes at 325. I used rolled oats instead of nuts in the topping. The bars hold together nicely, as the cream cheese layer firms up in the oven.
- 177.44 ml butter, softened (175 mL)
- 78.07 ml icing sugar (75 mL)
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 250 g package cream cheese, softened
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 59.14 ml lemon juice (50 mL)
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, packed, divided (45 mL)
- 29.58 ml cornstarch (30 mL)
- 396.89 g can cranberry sauce
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour (75 mL)
- 59.14 ml butter, cold (50 mL)
- 177.44 ml walnuts, chopped (175 mL)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Cream together soft butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) flour.
- Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees (160 degrees C). In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in ReaLemon.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoons (15 mL) of the brown sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over cheese mixture. In medium mixing bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and 1/3 cup (75 mL) flour.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minute or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Cover leftovers; refrigerate.