Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful for the Holiday season!
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I use reduced-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Bake pie crust at 425° for 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of brown sugar, and cornstarch; mixing well.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce.
- Spoon cranberry mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- In a medium bowl, cut the butter into the flour and the remaining brown sugar until crumbly.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Sprinkle even over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- (You may want to place a sheet of foil, or baking sheet on rack below in case or bubbling over).
- Allow pie to cool.
- Can be served at room temp, or chilled.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This is a fantastic pie if you like cranberries. I make the exact same recipe every Thanksgiving in place of pumpkin pie.