Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother used to make this for my birthday instead of a cake. Even my brother, who hates all things cranberry, liked this.
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, Softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter (or Margarine)
- 1⁄3 cup unsifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake pastry shell for 8 minutes; remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into prepared pastry shell.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoons sugar & cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon evenly over cheese mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl cut butter into flour & remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly & golden.
- Serve at room temperature.
Very good and easy to make pie! I used recipe #439212 for the crust to make it gluten free and otherwise made as written. The friend whom I made it for liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Made for PAC Spring 2012