Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cranberries and croissants combine in this new style holiday bread pudding.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream, 10%
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large croissants (5 x 3 inch)
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, cream, sugar, orange rind and vanilla; set aside.
- Cut croissants into 1 1/4 inch cubes; evenly scatter half in greased 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. Spoon cranberry sauce evenly over top; scatter with remaining cubes. Gently pour milk mixture over top; let stand for 15 minutes, pressing occasionally. (Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.).
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes or until puffy and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Canadian Living Holiday Best.