Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice winter fruit dessert.
Make and share this Cranberry Crisp With Autumn Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups peeled firm pears
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped frozen, chopped fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped frozen, chopped cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- whipped cream (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, cranberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the flour and cinnamon.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish, in small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup flour.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bate for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This is the quintessential fall dessert! The mixture of the fruits really compliments one another and the cranberries give it an unbelievable tartness. I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks: The Great Minnesota Hot Dish. Thanks for posting it here!
Quick and delicious. This works equally well with just apples and cranberries, and I use walnuts, making this a healthy dessert.