Recipe by Derf
Nice winter fruit dessert.
Top Review by Suzanne S.
This is the quintessential fall dessert! The mixture of the fruits really compliments one another and the cranberries give it an unbelievable tartness. I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks: The Great Minnesota Hot Dish. Thanks for posting it here!
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups peeled firm pears
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped frozen, chopped fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped frozen, chopped cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- whipped cream (for serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, cranberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the flour and cinnamon.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish, in small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup flour.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bate for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream.