Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This comes from the November 2006 issue of Woman's Day magazine. Cook time is actually chill time. These are pretty little desserts with only 4 ingredients and 3 steps! Some other options are to add 1 tablespoon of finely grated orange zest, 2 tablespoons of minced candied ginger, or even a tablespoon of cranberry vodka or orange liquer.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cranberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce (not whole-berry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Have eight 1/2 c molds ready.
- Remove ice cream from freezer to room temperature to soften.
- Put gelatin in a medium bowl.
- Stir in boiling water with a whisk until dissolved.
- Whisk in cranberry sauce until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla ice cream until no white streaks are left.
- Ladle into molds.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To unmold: Dip molds into warm (not hot) water.
- Invert onto serving plates and, holding both mold and plate, shake down sharply to release mold. Repeat, if necessary.
- Garnish, if desired, with mint springs and sugared cranberries.