Recipe by Lorac
A fantastic and festive holiday punch decorated with a beautiful cranberry ice ring. Serve the punch in stemmed wine glasses for a very special touch. Prep time does not include freezing the ice ring.
Top Review by * Pamela *
Excellent! I made this for a cookie exchange party and I had to refill the punch bowl soon after all the guests arrived! I left out the cranberry liqueur and used 2 cans of frozen cranberry juice instead. I used one bottle of club soda and one bottle of the new cranberry gingerale from "Canada Dry". For the ice ring put one cup cranberry juice, let it freeze then added a layer of Orange juice, let it freeze and then repeated the layers. Thanks for a great recipe. (I also used recipe 22881 for the sweetened condensed milk)
Cranberry Cream Punch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cranberry liqueur, if desired
- red food coloring, if desired
- 2 (1 liter) bottles club soda or 2 (1 liter) bottles ginger ale, chilled
Cranberry Ice Ring
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4-1 cup cranberries
- lime slices or mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Cranberry Ice Ring one day in advance.
- Cranberry Cream Punch: In punch bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, cranberry juice concentrate, (liqueur and food coloring, if desired).
- Just before serving, add club soda/ginger ale and ice ring.
- Cranberry Ice Ring: Combine cranberry juice cocktail and water.
- In 1-1/2-quart ring mold, pour 1/2 cup cranberry liquid.
- Arrange cranberries and lime slices or mint leaves in mold and freeze.
- Add remaining 3 cups cranberry liquid to mold; freeze overnight.