Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use frozen cranberries if you cant find fresh-this is a lovely dessert for summer or winter!
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- butter flavored non stick cooking spray
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 ounce melted white chocolate
- 1 ounce melted dark chocolate
- 1 slice candied orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine the cranberries, 1/4 cup of white sugar and the orange juice.
- Cook, uncovered over medium heat until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens just a bit, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor combine the cream cheese, remaining sugar, egg, egg white and vanilla or almond extract.
- Process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Spray a 9-inch tart pan with the cooking spray.
- Lightly spray 1 sheet of phyllo dough, fold in h alf and gently press into tart pan.
- Edges will extend over edge.
- Repeat and place second sheet across first in a criss-cross pattern.
- Repeat with remaining two sheets so that all of the tart pan is covered.
- Turn under edges and bake for 5 minutes.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into phyllo crust, spreading evenly.
- spoon Cranberry mixture over cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Using a fork marble slightly but dont go too deep.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Remove and drizzle on both kinds of melted chocolate.
- Garnish with candied orange peel.