Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is basically a recipe for Black Bottom Cupcakes, just adding dried cranberries with the chocolate chips. From Everyday Food; something I'd like to try this week.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon vanilla extract (I think 1 might be enough)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line 36 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
- For the batter: In a mixing bowl, whisk toghether the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla; mix just until batter is combined.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full.
- For the filling: Blend together the cream cheese, egg, 1 cup of the sugar, salt, chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans (if using).
- Spoon a generous tablespoons of the filling on top of the batter in each cup; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes, until tops are springy. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool on wire racks.