Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a two layer pie with a cream cheese bottom and a cranberry middle, sprinkled with a crumb-nut topping...this is an amazing dessert pie, and worth the time to make.
Top Review by sweetcakes
I can't believe this pie dosen't have more reviews! This was so delicious and really pretty easy to make. I made as directed and baked in my oven for 40 minutes. I tried it before it cooled down completely and it was so good...can't wait to try once it is cooled in the fridge! Thanks for posting!
- 1 10-inch unbaked deep-dish pie shell or 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 59.16 ml firmly-packed brown sugar, divided
- 59.14 ml cold butter
- 78.07 ml flour
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 453.59 g can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 177.44 ml walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425 desgrees.
- Bake the empty pie shell for 8 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice; pour into the baked pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of the brown sugar and the cornstarch, mix well (if you prefer a sweeter filling, add in more sugar).
- Stir in the cranberry sauce; mix well.
- Spoon evenly over the cheese mixture in the pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, cut the cold butter into the flour, and the remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar until crumbly.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden; cool.
- Serve at room temperature, or chill thoroughly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- ***NOTE***when baking the pie, it is advised to place a heavy piece of foil underneath the pie plate to avoid any spills, as it sometimes tends to bubble over the sides.