Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a two layer pie with a cream cheese bottom and a cranberry middle, sprinkled with a crumb-nut topping...this is an amazing dessert pie, and worth the time to make.
- 1 10-inch unbaked deep-dish pie shell or 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons firmly-packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- Set oven to 425 desgrees.
- Bake the empty pie shell for 8 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice; pour into the baked pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of the brown sugar and the cornstarch, mix well (if you prefer a sweeter filling, add in more sugar).
- Stir in the cranberry sauce; mix well.
- Spoon evenly over the cheese mixture in the pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, cut the cold butter into the flour, and the remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar until crumbly.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden; cool.
- Serve at room temperature, or chill thoroughly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- ***NOTE***when baking the pie, it is advised to place a heavy piece of foil underneath the pie plate to avoid any spills, as it sometimes tends to bubble over the sides.
I can't believe this pie dosen't have more reviews! This was so delicious and really pretty easy to make. I made as directed and baked in my oven for 40 minutes. I tried it before it cooled down completely and it was so good...can't wait to try once it is cooled in the fridge! Thanks for posting!
Absolute winner! This pie takes little effort, but it's so worth it! I made some adjustments, just a personal preference of ours. I only used 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk, because I experimented with this type of cheesecake before and found it to be the right consistency and sweetness for us, and we do like sweet. Also, I used little less butter for the crumb topping, to have it more crunchy. For the cranberry sauce I used recipe Brown Sugar Cranberry Sauce and it worked really nicely. For the crust I used recipe Cookie Pie Crust, wonderful! Result was really super yummy. Many thanks for great recipes!