1 hr 15 mins
This is a very yummy recipe from Duncan Hines and is a great way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce after Thanksgiving!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 2 (16 ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- fresh cranberries, orange twists, orange zest curls (optional)
- 1In a medium size bowl, blend together cream cheese and cranberry sauce. Gently fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Chill until ready to assemble cake.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides & bottom of 3 8" baking pans with shortening. Flour them lightly.
- 3Blend dry cake mix, cranberry juice, orange juice concentrate, oil, egg whites and food coloring in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour 1/3 of the batter in each cake pan and bake immediately.
- 4Bake 20-23 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- 5Place one layer on a serving platter. Spread only the top with half the cream cheese mixture. Top with second layer of cake and remaining cream cheese mixture on only the top. Add remaining cake layer and frost top and sides of cake with frosting.
- 6Garnish with fresh cranberries, orange twists and orange zest curls, if desired. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Cravings Cake
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.5
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 467.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 85.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g