Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from the Ocean Spray web site and plan to try it soon. It looks good, quick and easy.
Make and share this Cranberry, Crab Meat and Cream Cheese Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup minced crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 15 small miniature phyllo cups, thawed (the bite sized ones)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place cranberry sauce in a small mixing bowl; beat with a fork or wire whisk until smooth.
- Combine cream cheese, crab meat and green onion in a small mixing bowl. Fill each shell with about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Top with 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
First, I should say that I don't care for any type of seafood, but everything else about this recipe appeals to me, so I make a couple of changes when I make these: I leave out the crab and I add a few chopped walnuts to the top. These have been such a huge hit wherever I have brought them, however, that I have passed this recipe along to others, who make them exactly this way (crab and all). Everyone LOVES them. So--a huge success, crab or no crab!