Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from the Ocean Spray web site and plan to try it soon. It looks good, quick and easy.
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup minced crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 15 small miniature phyllo cups, thawed (the bite sized ones)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place cranberry sauce in a small mixing bowl; beat with a fork or wire whisk until smooth.
- Combine cream cheese, crab meat and green onion in a small mixing bowl. Fill each shell with about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Top with 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
First, I should say that I don't care for any type of seafood, but everything else about this recipe appeals to me, so I make a couple of changes when I make these: I leave out the crab and I add a few chopped walnuts to the top. These have been such a huge hit wherever I have brought them, however, that I have passed this recipe along to others, who make them exactly this way (crab and all). Everyone LOVES them. So--a huge success, crab or no crab!