Recipe by Outta Here
These are baked, not fried, so healthier! And they turn out crispy! (just make sure to spray cakes before coating and refrigerate for 1 hour before baking!) NOTE: Frozen whole cranberries can be used. No need to thaw.
Top Review by ellie_
I picked this recipe to use up cranberries -- these are delicious and the combination of ingredients were wonderful and made a wonderful dinner accompanied with salad. We did cook them a bit longer than suggested, but for the first time I ever made crab cakes these were a very definite success. Thanks for sharing this keeper!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh crabmeat, flaked
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, toss crab with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and cheese, yogurt, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and cranberries.
- Gently stir in beaten egg. Form mixture into 12 (3-inch) patties.
- Spray both sides with nonfat cooking spray.
- Spread remaining bread crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Coat each patty; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place patties on sheet and bake 20 minutes or until crispy, turning over half way through.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.