Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
As a poor college student, my cupboards tend to be a bit eclectic. I didn't have all the ingredients for any of the crab cakes w/ sauce that I found on here. So I experimented a bit and these have been such a hit! The cranberrys really compliment the crab flavor.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup crushed multigrain Sunchips (I prefer Harvest Cheddar Sunchips) or 3⁄4 cup other corn chips (I prefer Harvest Cheddar Sunchips)
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons oil, as needed for frying
- Mix the egg, 1/4 of a cup of the chips, cranberries, mayonnaise, and dressing.
- Drop one tablespoon at a time into the remaining 1/2 cup of crushed chips and coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, using medium heat. My stove only needs to be set to five but may vary.
- Transfer with a fork to frying pan and flatten slightly
- Fry about two minutes on each side or until golden.
- I tend to do 1-3 at a time, by the time the second cake is added it’s time to flip the first, when the third is added, the first is done, etcetera.