Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had some left over cooked couscous and didn't want to waste it so came up with this combination - it works for my taste buds. I used "Tipiak "boil in the bag" cous cous - there are 5 100g packages in a box. I served this with an Indonesian dish but it could also go well as a side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- 100 g couscous, cooked according to instructions on the box.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Place the cooked couscous in a bowl and mix in the nuts, cranberries, Rose water, cinnamon& nutmeg.
- Turn the couscous into a lightly buttered baking dish (use a little of the 2 tbsp of butter).
- Sprinkle on the 2 tbsp of water& dot with the remaining butter.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350F oven until heated through apprx 25 minutes or less if you used hot couscous.