Recipe by J. Hinds
This is a wonderful jello salad to serve with turkey. The whipped cream topping is not too sweet. This is a Thanksgiving tradition in our family since the 1960s.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Tagged this recipe because it reminded me of a similar one my mom used to make way back in the distant past! I did, however, change a couple of things ~ Used a larger box of jello, use a bit less hot water than called for, & let the cottage cheese drain through a strainer overnight before using it! I also used a can of whole berry cranberry sauce, & it all came together very nicely, just as it always did for my mom! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (1 lb) can cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 50 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in hot water and add lemon juice.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Whip cranberry sauce and add with cottage cheese and sour cream to jello.
- Pour into buttered 9 inch ring mold.
- Chill until set.
- Whip cream and add soften cream cheese.
- Stir in marshmellows and sherry.
- Let stand in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Unmold salad on a plate.
- Fill the center of the salad with the Cream Cheese dressing.