Recipe by Marz
From BH&G. Although I have not tried these, they sure do look good. Posting for the sake of safe keeping.
Top Review by MadCity Dale
Very tasty muffins. Easy to follow recipe and I had almost everything in the cupboard. I subbed canned jellied cranberries and sweetened milk for buttermilk. Muffins were great! Had 1 tray full size muffins and 1 tray mini-muffins. They're both still nice and moist a day later. I rate this with 5 stars. Will be making more of these-trying Craisens and raisens.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. Set muffin cups aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, the 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl combine egg, buttermilk, cooking oil, and lemon peel. Add egg mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). In another small mixing bowl combine cranberries and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Fold cranberries and walnuts into muffin batter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from muffin cups. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.