Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice breakfast variation on corn muffins. Serve with butter or whipped honey.
Make and share this Cranberry-Cornmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray and flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg white, buttermilk, sour cream, lemon peel, and cranberries.
- Combine flour mixture and egg mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.
I made these to put into the freezer for mornings during the week, of course I had to try some. These were easy to make and the texture of the cornmeal will be a change from other muffins. These muffins are too sweet and will be liked by my family. Thank you!
Great tasting muffins, what with the combo of the berries, buttermilk & lemon! Being the lemon lover that I am, I did use a nicely rounded measure of the lemon zest! Definitely worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Awesome Awesome. I love a good corn muffin and the added cranberries in this recipe brings them up another notch in my opinion. What a lovely addition.
Made for recipetag in KK's forum~