Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
Just in time for the holidays, another way to use up all those cranberries...as either fresh or frozen can be used. Recipe comes from Quick Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I was a little concerned about just how this would turn out, but shouldn't have been, 'cause it is A GREAT TASTING DESSERT, & I particularly liked the topping combo! Also appreciated its ease of preparation! Would definitely like to make this one again! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Let Them Eat Cake! theme in the current My 3 Chefs]
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar, divided in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and pour into 9 inch round pan.
- Tilt to grease sides, then sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the divided brown sugar.
- Top with cranberries and raisins and then set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cornmeal and baking powder, mix well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture along with milk.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Carefully spread over cranberries and raisins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm.