Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just in time for the holidays, another way to use up all those cranberries...as either fresh or frozen can be used. Recipe comes from Quick Cooking Magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar, divided in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and pour into 9 inch round pan.
- Tilt to grease sides, then sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the divided brown sugar.
- Top with cranberries and raisins and then set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cornmeal and baking powder, mix well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture along with milk.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Carefully spread over cranberries and raisins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm.
I was a little concerned about just how this would turn out, but shouldn't have been, 'cause it is A GREAT TASTING DESSERT, & I particularly liked the topping combo! Also appreciated its ease of preparation! Would definitely like to make this one again! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Let Them Eat Cake! theme in the current My 3 Chefs]