Recipe by Charlotte J
Another recipe that sounds good for the holidays.
Top Review by charree329
I used a full cup of craisins (moistened with 2T of water in the microwave) then let them cool down to room temp. I, too added an egg and then enough milk to equal 2/3 c. milk. They turned out great! Now I'm asked to make them as an after school snack, at least once a week. I'd say that is a success! These are multi-purpose yummy bites! And healthy. I'm going to try adding even more craisins to the mix, since they are good for those who have frequent UTI's and such.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup ocean spray craisins original dried sweetened cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl and stir until mixed.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Add milk and stir with fork just until a sticky dough forms.
- Gently stir sweetened dried cranberries into dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently about 10 times.
- Pat dough into a ½-inch thick circle.
- Cut out dough circles with 2 ½-inch biscuit cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.