Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This will look beautiful at your holiday meal.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat melted butter, brown sugar and egg together in mixing bowl.
- Mix in buttermilk.
- Add cranberries and stir.
- Add cornmeal, flour baking powder and salt. Stir to moisten.
- Turn into greased 9x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in 400°F oven for about 25 minutes until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Best served warm.
I made this cornbread last Thanksgiving (and although out of season a few times since by special request!) This is a great recipe and a wonderful way to make a very traditional side festive unique and special. Compliments all around from everyone who ate it. What a fabulous idea! The only change I made was to cut back a tad on the brown sugar. Delicious!