Recipe by rpsj2
From the book "Cranberry Christmas", by Wende & Harry Devlin, published in 1976
Top Review by JennyMidget
These were tasty, but annoyingly the yield measure is way off. Reduced quantities in your recipe to scale back to 2 dozen cookies, but barely scraped out one dozen. Embarrassing as there were then not enough to go round our whole group and heaps of people missed out.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cranberries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375'.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt together in a bowl with a fork.
- Cream butter & both sugars in a large bowl untill fluffy; beat in egg, milk, & lemon juice.
- Stir in flour mixture a little at a time, until well blended.
- Fold in cranberries.
- On a greased cookie sheet, drop a teaspoon of dough 1 inch apart.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until firm & golden brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.