Recipe by Denise in NH
I usually make these during the Christmas season. I entered this recipe into a Readers Digest Christmas cookie contest and received an honorable mention.
Top Review by FarmMama
The grown-ups loved them, but the kids thought they were too sour. I couldn't leave them alone, which is probably not a good thing for me.The cookies I made were soft and delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package washed whole cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large bowl combine butter and brown and white sugar; cream together Add eggs, water and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and add slowly to the butter mixture blending well (mixture will be very thick).
- Add cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.