Recipe by Sweet PQ?
There are recipes close to this one on 'Zaar already, but this is the only that is canned or "put up", which makes it great for giving and sharing. It is on my list to make for the holidays. NOTE: Prep time does not include the time it takes to prepare the jars.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled & diced (use a tart variety)
- 1 orange, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier (or other orange liquer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberries, apple, orange, sugar and water in a pan. Bring to a boil and gently boil over"medium-high" heat until cranberries are tender and mixture starts to thicken (approximately 15 minutes).
- Stir in walnuts & Grand Marnier.
- Remove from heat & pour into hot sterilized jars. Seal.