Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My aunt gave me this recipe, and it's a favorite with my family at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The red berry gelatin can be any flavor; it just needs to be red. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) packagered berry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup broken pecans (optional)
- Dissolve both pkgs. gelatin in the 1 cup boiling water.
- Place cranberry sauce in a bowl & stir to break up.
- Add cranberry sauce, pineapple and pecans (if using) to gelatin mixture.
- Chill until firm, stirring several times during first couple of hours to evenly distribute pineapple and pecans.