Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy recipe that comes from Chef Matt Gennuso of Hewtin's Dogs Mobile, in Providence, Rhode Island.
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium low heat and sweat the shallots until softened.
- Stir in the cranberries, maple syrup, and apple cider; season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer mixture until it reduces to about 1 1/2 cups; pass through a food mill.
- Refrigerate until serving time.